• Author
    Participant
    #16532 |

I have attempted to remove the reporting agent.
    I find that the uninstall doesn’t unregister the WMI filters/actions so the agent continues to log to the ccm folder. It is no longer sending reports to the SCCM server, however it generates a log item in the client’s CCM log for each BITS action – including policy downloads which are frequent. I currently have >50 2pints log files in my client CCM logs folder even though the client has only downloaded one SCCM package in the time covered.

I don’t know enough about WMI to figure out how to remove the 2pints reporting hooks so that the log files stop being generated. I think the uninstall function only disables sending the messages to the site server.

I am kind of waiting for a new version of the reporting client to come out to see if it corrects the problems I’ve run into with MAC collection. I also would like to make sure there is a goosd uninstall function ready to go – or at least know how to remove it myself.

• Andreas Hammarskjöld
    Keymaster

Hi Todd,

Thx for taking time and writing that up, great catch! So what probably happened was that the .exe was busy running when the uninstall took place, so it was left behind in a sharing violation. As you pointed out, we don’t clean up the WMI trigger, so that needs to be done by deleting the instance under subscription. Will add that to the new un-installer;

1. Kill the subscription triggers, WMI or Event Driven
    2. Kill any running instances.
    3. Clean up the rest.

And yes, the logging in that release was a bit wild, but it should kill all logs older than a week. But in that time ConfigMgr creates a lot of policy requests…

As per the MAC issue, would you mind trying out the new version as to see if that have resolved your issues? Still not 100% of what actually caused that to happen.

//A

• Todd Miller

I’d be very willing to try out any version and report back. I do not see a version of the BC Reporting client newer than 2.4, which is the only version that I have used. You did mention a couple of weeks ago that a new version was eminent, however I have not seen it available when downloading the software components.

• Andreas Hammarskjöld
    Keymaster

That because it got stuck on our end. Expect it shortly. 🙂

Then I might send over some debug versions to you if you still have MAC issues.

//A

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.